Discover the Source of Your Energy Loss with an Adrenal Fatigue Test from Cincinnati, OH’s Leading Men’s Health Specialists
Proactive Men’s Medical Center: The Premier Adrenal Fatigue Treatment Center
A common condition among men, adrenal fatigue is a condition where the adrenal glands do not function properly to produce the necessary hormones for your body.
The condition can be treated and after visiting with our medical specialists, and they can prescribe a treatment plan to help you to get back to your normal healthy lifestyle.
Normally, the adrenal glands work by releasing cortisol into the bloodstream. The body uses cortisol in many ways, including brain function and blood sugar level regulation. When the adrenal glands start to malfunction, the cortisol levels in the body drop – and over time, and this can cause medical issues.
Thankfully, adrenal fatigue is treatable. Once you have been diagnosed with the condition, there are several treatment options that can work, depending on the severity of your adrenal fatigue issues. At Proactive Men’s Medical Center, our qualified staff will start with a diagnosis, and a licensed physician will prescribe the proper treatment for this condition.
Top Signs of Adrenal Fatigue
There are several symptoms associated with adrenal fatigue, but not every individual diagnosed with the condition will experience each symptom. Symptoms include feeling tired and lethargic, even after you have experienced a good night of sleep. As the day continues, you may feel exhausted and have trouble focusing on work or daily activities around the home.
Additional Symptoms Include:
- Fatty/salty food cravings. When the body is low on energy, it begins to crave foods that are energy-filled. If you have new cravings that are unexplained, it could be a sign of adrenal fatigue.
- Depression. When you are feeling depressed all of a sudden, with the condition being unexplained, you may have lower levels of cortisone in the body.
- Trouble Sleeping. When you begin to have difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, you may be suffering from adrenal fatigue. The problem can continue even if you are worn out and should be easily falling asleep.
- Sexual Problems. When cortisol levels are low, your sex drive can be decreased, and you may see sexual issues such as erectile dysfunction take place. Men’s sexual health issues can be closely connected to cortisol level problems.
- Losing Muscle Mass. When adrenal fatigue is present, men can begin to lose muscle tissue.
- Memory Issues. Memory problems also become an issue with adrenal fatigue. You may have trouble remembering things, particularly short-term memories.
Many symptoms of adrenal fatigue are associated with other conditions. After your initial testing, the level of cortisol in the body will be determined, so that a proper diagnosis can be made, and treatment can begin. Without treatment, adrenal fatigue can lead to other problems such as metabolic system issues and cardiovascular damage. Someone who has adrenal fatigue may also be diagnosed with depression or lupus. A misdiagnosis can lead to a patient being given medications that will not be helpful. It is important to be diagnosed with adrenal fatigue and tackle this problem.